I know every child goes to school....Hell, even I did...Hee Hee, but it is scary none the less. I know Jacob is going to be just FINE, but I am SO worried for John. He is starting "Big" school tomorrow. Even as I write this I feel like bawling. My heart is tight and just plain hurts. Please tell me some of you feel the same way. I feel like such a dork. I "know" that he is going to be fine and probably love school, but as an adult and someone who has gone through the whole school experience I can't help but be worried about EVERY little thing. Will he like and get along with his teacher? Will he listen to his teacher? Will he make new friends? Is he going to be scared and confused? Is he going to feel safe and secure without anyone he knows? Is he ready for this? etc. etc. etc.
Gosh...I am going to miss him.
One teacher down.....We met Jacob's teacher Mrs. McGeachy this morning. I REALLY liked her! TOTALLY different than what I was expecting......in a good way!!! I think (Know) that Jacob is going to have a wonderful time there this year!! Phew!!!
Be back later with news on Johnny's Teacher!!
Johnny's teacher seems GREAT!!! She is very sweet and super friendly!!! Johnny was completely at ease......Like he has been there with all of those people for ever!!! It was amazing! I truly couldn't have asked for anything more!!! I think he LOVED the school bus ride the best though. He said it was AWESOME!!! I just wish I could have been there to see him get on and off :( I'm sure I won't be saying that tomorrow though! I think he is going to have a great year with a great teacher, learning TONS of new and exciting things and making some great new friends!!! I feel so much better after today. It really helps seeing the place your children are going to be and meeting the people who will be with them! An even "Bigger" PHEW!!
8 comments:
I can't wait to hear about your visit with Johnny's teacher! I bet it will be just as wonderful. Elementary school teachers are always so incredibly sweet, it seems! (At least, that's the way it should be!)
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. It's going to be an emotionally draining day for you. I know I'm going to bawl my eyes out when Michael goes to school one day!! : )
Katie
Kelly,
I think Johnny and Jacob will do just fine. Your certainly feeling the way all Moms do when their first child heads off to elementary school. I expect you and JP will probably shed a few tears tomorrow too! It's just the beginning. They are both growing up too fast. Keep us posted on how Johnny's first day goes.
Love,
Mom & Dad
It's all so exciting. I got a little choked up just while reading your post. I can't imagine how you feel...scared seems like just the tip of the iceberg. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope you do okay when he gets on the bus. :(
He is such a big boy and is probably so excited! What a fun time for him!
I can't wait to hear ALL the details about this milestone!!
Best of luck tomorrow~~I will be thinking of you!!
Hugs,
Melis
good luck today!!!
thinking of you today!!!
Katie : )
I am glad that they both did well and liked their teachers...especially Johnny going to the "big" school. I'll be thinking of him (and you) this afternoon. I can't believe one of the kids are starting kindergarten today. When we all moved here he was only 2!
I've been thinking about you and how you must be feeling. I'm sure Johnny is going to do great. I can't wait to hear all about his adventures in Kindergarten. They are really growing up too fast.
Good luck today and I'll be thinking of you.
Hugs,
~Jamie
Memories . . . my son's first day of school, Kindergarten was at Redbud Run Elem. What a fantastic school. I hope Johnny loves it as much as my son did. He had Mrs. Marci Myers.
Have a happy day and memorable First day with him!
Aww, how sweet! Straight from a Mom's heart! Yep, it's really hard but fortunately for all you make it through! I cried when Melissa and Jessica first got on the bus but when Taylor's first day came, it was exciting! First ones are hard! Kelly you are a sweet Mom! :)
Love, Aunt Sherri
Post a Comment