Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Johnny's 1st Day of Kindergarten!!

We made it through Johnny's first day!!! It went off without any hitches too!! He was VERY VERY excited this morning...He couldn't seem to contain himself!! We think (hope) he had a good first day. He's not really good about dishing out info. He did say that he needs two juice boxes in his lunch tomorrow. That one was just "not enough"!!! I guess school makes you super thirsty!

We didn't get as emotional this morning as we had thought. Johnny and Abigail (Cousin/Neighbor) were more into each other than us parents. That's OK. It was kinda hard watching the bus drive away though. I couldn't help but think...there goes my baby....without me.....I sure hope he's OK and has a good day. I really think he did though. I'm sure playing on the playground made their transition today a little easier!! :)

Jacob was HORRIBLE today...and I really do mean HORRIBLE....in EVERY sense of the word. I guess this is going to be a big transition for him too. Poor little guy missed his big brother :(

I cannot tell you how excited we all were to see Johnny get off of the bus. Pure joy and excitement. We sure do LOVE him and we sure did MISS him!!




7 comments:

katie k-h said...

Hurray!! Looks like it was a great day!! I'm so happy for you and your family!!

The pictures are precious.

katie

Anonymous said...

I am glad he had a good first day and that YOU survived too ;)

Brandey

Melis B said...

I'm glad he had a good day~~ I wish he dished more though... :) I know how it is.

The pictures are all adorable, he looks like such a big boy with Abigail.

I'm glad you did good too K!!

Jamie said...

So glad that Johnny had a good first day. I love the whole I need two juice boxes tomorrow. That's just too cute. I am glad to hear that it was easier then you expected it to be. It was just too cute to see Johnny get off the bus and run to you and give you that great BIG hug.

I am sorry that Jacob's having a hard time adjusting. Hopefully when he starts preschool next week it will be easier for him. I think our little ones are going to have such fun in their class together. Can't wait.

Take Care and enjoy the rest of your week.

~Jamie

Jamie said...

P.S. LOVE the pic of you Johnny.

~Jamie

Anonymous said...

I loved the slide show. Put a tear in Grandma & Granddaddy's eyes. He looks so excited and Jacob looked into it too! I'm sure Jacob is missing his big brother, but next week he'll have his turn and his mommy and big brother will be taking him to school. My oh my are they growing up too fast. :*)

Love,
Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

So I'm just now catching up...

This is a great post and a wonderful song for the day and the pictures...I got a little choked up...thanks for sharing this special event :)

Amy