I finally had enough and dragged myself to the ER in the middle of the night on Friday. I was in SO much pain, but had been told that it was "normal" so many times that I felt like an ass even going.....there comes a time when enough really is ENOUGH. After being checked in and taken back I was sent immediately off for an ultrasound. Guess what???....I should have trusted my instincts 6 months ago. I have a Uterine polyp. Go figure right. All of that bleeding and cramping had NOTHING to do with me having extremely PAINFUL menstrual cramps or with my birth control for the last 6 months. The Polyp has gotten big enough that my body is working feverishly to try and expel it. Meaning I get to experience continuous bleeding and contractions. Great huh?! Anyways, the lovely ER Doc gave me some to die for pain meds....Thank You Sir!!! So at least I am able to sleep now. I think I had literally forgotten what that felt like. AHHHHH.
I will be having a hysteroscopy next Tuesday. If my OBGYN is able to find the Polyp then she will snip it off and if not then I will have to have a D&C. I REALLY hope she finds it. She said that a uterine polyp is highly unusual in someone my age. I am her first one!! Now I just have to cross my fingers that it's not cancerous. I really want to believe her when she says there's a 99% chance that it's not, but it's hard when my whole OB office has looked at me like I'm full of crap for the last 6 months. If I had trusted my instincts and really pushed that there was something more going on it never would have gotten to this point. At least I have learned from all of this and now I will be knocking down all of my doctor's door with every little pain....JK!!!! :)
I just want to thank everyone for all of your calls, emails and cards. That's very sweet and I really appreciate it!!!
8 comments:
Answers finally! I will keep you in my thoughts especially on Tuesday. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she finds it and that she's right and it's not cancerous. Please Kelly let me know if you need anything. I am glad that you are finally getting to sleep. Please keep me updated. And remember ANYTHING just call me : )
Hugs,
~Jamie
I've been thinking of you! I am glad you went and found out what was causing the pain. Now you can look forward to some relief when you get it removed.
My heart goes out to you...what a frustrating period of time, but what a relief to finally know what is going on. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts for a positive outcome all the way around sugar! Don't beat yourself up...they are supposed to be the experts and we are supposed to listen...everyone is wrong sometimes :)
Luv,
Amy
I am so glad that you finally know. Now you really have to apologize to your family for your "PMS???" hehehe. (Eatin crow...I live it everyday)..smile
Also, thank your doc for telling you that you are her first one! Boy, that makes you feel like a statistic!
Take care of yourself and let us all know how you are doing!
Hugs,
Amy
OMG~~ I am so glad you finally got some answers!! I can't believe all of that. That says alot of your 'instinct' Good for you!!
Please please let me know if I can do anything at all. I hope you feel better real soon and get some answers. I will be thinking of you!!
HUGS~~MB
What a relief to finally know what is going on with your body! I'm so sorry that you've gone through this for so long. Take care of yourself, and please keep us updated.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Katie
I am sooo glad you went to the ER! Hopefully your Doctor will find that miserable little polyp and take care of it! I am amazed that you have been going about business as usual all this time! Taking care of two children, a husband and a home is more than a full-time job -- you definitely are a SUPERMOM!!! :)
Enjoy your sleep!
Love, Aunt Sherri
Just checking in on you today to see how everything went with the Hysteroscopy... Please let us know if there's anything we can do!!
Post a Comment