OK. This is pretty personal and I am sorry for all of the men who read this but, I've gotta get it out. I have now been on my period for 29 consecutive days......and I truly mean 29 whole days....WITHOUT one break in between. You don't even want to know the amount of money I have spent on tampons. I am on a new birth control. I decided to try this due to some other problems I was having. Now I'm not too sure which is worse. My OBGYN insists that this is normal....even though I had something happen to me this morning, which has NEVER happened before....which would be VERY disturbing to share....so I guess I will spare you......and still they insist that this is normal.

Anyways, I have been EXTREMELY irritable and moody....which I am very sad to say has affected the kids WAY too much. I feel horrible every time I get short with or yell at them and yet I can't seem to help it. My back hurts. I wasn't experiencing any cramping until a couple of days ago and now they are literally knocking me over. I have pretty much had a chronic headache for the last two weeks and I just plain don't feel good.

Anyways, I have been EXTREMELY irritable and moody....which I am very sad to say has affected the kids WAY too much. I feel horrible every time I get short with or yell at them and yet I can't seem to help it. My back hurts. I wasn't experiencing any cramping until a couple of days ago and now they are literally knocking me over. I have pretty much had a chronic headache for the last two weeks and I just plain don't feel good.
I just want to say that if my moodiness, irritability or just plain distance has caused you to feel upset with me I am VERY SORRY. PLEASE don't take it personally. Trust me.....I AM TRYING.

4 comments:
Kelly,
I am so sorry that you are going through this. I really hope that your Dr. figures something out soon. I also hope that you are feeling much better real soon. Please let me know if you need anything. I'll be thinking about you and praying that you are feeling better soon.Take it easy.
Hugs,
~Jamie
I'd give things another week, and then I'd pitch the birth control! I would be so fed up if I were you. A month of having your period is way too long. And, it just seems like it would be unhealthy to lose that much blood. I would assume that it would mess with your iron and energy levels. It's one thing to deal with it for a week, four weeks is waaaay too long. : (
I hope you got in some time this weekend to relax and take things easy.
katie
Maybe a baby would be easier?? Kidding, kidding ..... :)
Kelly, I am so sorry -- it all sounds so awful -- actually it sounds like what happens when you are in menopause (for you young girls who haven't experienced this yet!:). I can't believe this is "normal" as your doctor says -- maybe a second opinion? Another type of birth control? What exactly is suppose to magically happen after this has been going on for such a long time? Is your doctor providing "statistics" to the manufacturer regarding what happens to his patients that are on this "new" birth control? Sounds too weird!
Love you though!
Aunt Sherri
Um, I think that you know your body best and if you feel this isn't the right medication for you - you need to tell the doctors!
I am so sorry to hear about the 29 days...I can't imagine. I was just telling my girlfirend earlier today that we only get two weeks completely free a month anyway...I can't imagine losing them all!
Hope you will be feeling better soon!
Amy
Post a Comment