Johnny and I had dentist appointment's in Sterling yesterday. Johnny did great!! I was VERY proud. In my personal opinion you can NEVER get used to the dentist. So I will be proud with each and everyone of his visits!! Unfortunately for me though....The "dentist" says that I need a root canal and fillings on 5 other teeth. Are you kidding me. I have soft teeth and an VERY prone to cavities, but NEVER have I had some "dentist" tell me that I need that much work. Plus it gets better.....he explained that the tooth that needs the root canal is in bad shape and that the molar behind it has decay as well and that he is ONLY willing to to do a porcelain crown and fillings. They printed up an estimate for just those two teeth and the total would be $2,205.50. WTF??? Uhmmm NO. He also stated that if I didn't get this work done immediately that I will loose the tooth. Did I mention that I have had NO pain. You would really think that if my tooth was in that bad of shape that I would be having some pain. Right?? But wait, this gets better.....When they were done cleaning Johnny's teeth the "dentist" called me back and said that he has one cavity. I wasn't too upset. It really could have been worse....even though I would prefer that his teeth were perfect!! OK fine one cavity......but then, the "dentist" said that the fillings on his two back lower molars were starting to erode and that they would need to be redone. OK...that would be fine if he had ever had any filling done before. So I calmly said......What do you mean?? Johnny hasn't had any filling yet. The "dentist" had the nerve to tell me that yes he did have filling on those two teeth. Seriously...are you kidding me??? I think I would freaking know if my kid had had ANY dental work done before. I seriously felt like smacking him. **I also forgot to mention the fact that they did NOT floss my teeth, check my gums or check the entire inside of my mouth for oral cancer. Have you ever even heard of such a thing? I guess I should have realized what was coming long before the words were even out of his mouth. I still can't get out of my mind that man standing there telling me that my child has to filling (that he doesn't even have) that need to be redone. Was he really just trying to pull one over on me or is he a completely inept Dentist?? Can you tell that I am REALLY upset??!!
Needless to say we will DEFINITELY be going to someone else for a second opinion. I have a feeling this guy might be a bit of a scammer.Just in case you all were wondering....we have NEVER seen this dentist before. We have been going to that practice for about 5 years, but always saw the Female dentist. She had a baby and is now no longer there. We have NEVER had a problem with her. I just seriously CANNOT imagine spending $2200 on two teeth. That's a family vacation for goodness sakes.My day did get better though. After My HORRIFIC appointment Johnny and I headed back to my Mom's house to pick her and Jacob up. My Mom took us out to Fuddruckers for lunch!!! Oh Hell's Yeah!!! It was AWESOME!! I haven't been in one for about 10 years. If I had the money I would TOTALLY open up a franchise out here!!! How GREAT would that be?!?! We then headed down to DSW. I haven't been into the new one. I am sad to say though...I didn't find one pair of shoes that I couldn't live without. Isn't that horrible?? I guess I just wasn't feeling it.Look at this sweet little angel. I just want to eat him up!! He was SO good for my Mom yesterday!! So I was very proud of him too!! You just never can tell with him. Sometimes he is "a little angel" and sometimes he is "a little beast"!!! He's mine and I will take him either way though!!

He had this little curl sticking out all day yesterday. I couldn't help but constantly twirl it!! :) I LOVE his hair. I really cannot imagine cutting it. I guess he is going to have to be called a girl for quite some time. Poor thing!!
6 comments:
Oh Kelly I know your pain. I saw a DMD in the Loudoun area pre-kids and got totally ripped off. They also didn't accept insurance. It was such a nightmare. I'm in a bit of a different situation though, b/c I have a terrible issue with my jaw... So I need to see someone who has a bit of a specialty in comfort...
In any regard if you're traveling all the way down to sterling anyway, I can tell you, My Mom, Dad, and Myself ALL go to an UNBELIEVEABLE practice in Lansdowne right across from the hospital. They are PHENOMENAL. And they do kiddos too... I cant speak highly enough of them... And they're SO flexible. OH!! And they take insurance. :) phew.
I've recruited a boatload of people to go to them b/c I love them so much. AND I HATE THE DENTIST.
That's all, I'll get off my soapbox now. Let me know if you want their name... I'll pass it on to you!
Ok Lemme just leave the info here for you...That way it's on here if you need it!
I'd go get a 2nd opinion on that tooth anyway.
Lansdowne Dental Care
19450 Deerfield Ave. Suite 485
Lansdowne, 20176
703-723-7810
Good luck. :)
Hey Kelly!
I am so sorry about your's and Johnny's horrible dentist appointment. I honestly can't believe that a dentist would try and tell you that Johnny needs cavities refilled. When you of all people would know if he had dental work. I think I would have blown it then. So I guess we are both now on a look out for a dentist. I really need to find someone for the kids. You definetly need to get a second opinion for you too. Hope your having a better rest of the week. Hope you have a great weekend, too.
Talk to you soon, take care...
~Jamie
Going to the dentist itself is an expereince - let alone dealing with the crap that you had to go through. Thank goodness you are a sharp gal! A second opinion in this case is a MUST! When you were describing Fudrukkers (Sp?) and DSW - I swear that you must have been right by my office in Ashburn?? Both of those places are new here...anyway, thanks for sharing the story...loved the post & the curls are A-DO-R-A-B-L-E!
Smiles,
amy
I absolutely HATE dentists -- all of them. I always need work -- have a million crowns and just about all of them have broken, fallen out or porcelain has broken and fallen off. This all started years ago when I naively believed my then dentist and his insistance that I needed crowns instead of fillings -- the start of a nightmare!
On a happy note -- I am happy to get back on here and catch up with you and your wonderful family!!! Little cuties!!! :)
Love, Aunt Sherri
OMG the dentist! My biggest nightmare!
That sure is a lot of money for two teeth; WOW. I am like you, if it doesn't hurt, its ok. However, you only get one "real" set of teeth.
I think I would go for a second as well!
Good luck!
Post a Comment