Monday, January 28, 2008

Home Sweet Home!!!

We are home at LAST!!! Johnny did great last night and never needed oxygen. I think all of the prayers have worked!!! He is still pretty sick and sounds horrible, but hopefully he will be feeling more like himself now that he is home. I thought he was going to jump out of his skin with excitement when they said he could go home this morning!!! I must say...it is pretty hard to get any sleep there. The entire pediatric ward is full....and mostly with very sick infants. It was heartbreaking to hear them screaming throughout the night. My heart goes out all of their families.
Thank you all for your prayers and wishes! It not only means a lot to John and I , but to Johnny as well. He is already asking if he can go to school tomorrow. Poor thing:( I haven't told him the truth about that yet....I am hoping that he will forget....terrible huh??!


4 comments:

Melis B said...

YAY!! I'm so glad he got to come home. That's great!!

If it helps at all, tell him Lauren isn't going to school tomorrow either, so they can miss tomorrow. I haven't told her yet either. Bad huh?

That's a really sweet picture of him...makes you just want to hug him. :) Glad you are all home!!!

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he is home. It's always easier to get well at home in your own bed. If you need ANYTHING please call.

Love,
Brandey

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that Johnny has had such a terrible time but am glad he is home now! I know you must be exhausted! There is no rest in a hospital! Especially if you are trying to catch a little sleep in one of those awful chairs and listening for your child at the same time! I hope Johnny will continue to recover and little Jacob too! Get some rest, Kelly, if that is possible!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast Jacob's illness came about. He seemed fine earlier today, just a little cough and runny nose, and then bammmm! Now we need to say double prayers for both our little angels. The picture of Johnny in the hospital bed is sooooo sad, but I know he's doing much better than that now. You guys take care, and maybe you can get some rest next weekend.

Love,
Grandma & Granddaddy