I made Giada De Laurentiis Citrus Rice Salad last week and it is AMAZING!! Both of the boys just gobbled it up! We eat a LOT of brown rice, so I am always looking for new ways to spruce it up. I just happened to be watching her show one day and my mouth started watering looking at this rice. I did leave out the almonds, parsley and green onions. I didn't happen to have any of those things on hand, and I really don't think it mattered. It really is THAT GOOD! I must add too that I personally think it's better cold!
If you decide to make this.....which I really think you should, please don't be alarmed when you make the vinaigrette. When I made it I was a little worried. I tasted it and just wasn't sure it was going to be what I had thought. So I took a spoonful of the cooked rice and a drizzle of the vinaigrette and mixed them up to taste before mixing all of it together. Oh man....I thought I had died and gone to heaven! I even had John try it and I could immediately tell he was hooked as well!
So, if you like rice then I think you will LOVE this!!
5 comments:
I'm going to try this tonight, Kelly! I love Basmati rice! : ) Thanks for sharing... Hope you had a terrific AB!!
-katie
mmmmmm, that sounds SO good, I will have to try it this week too!!
Thanks for sharing!!
mb
Kelly,
It was AMAZING. Loved, loved, loved it!! : ) Thanks for sharing that one. I'm so making it again. Perfect for summer time, too! Do you buy brown Basmati rice from Martins? Just curious...
kate
Katie, I have actually never had Basmati rice...that I know of anyways! I usually buy Uncle Ben's brown rice....which is what I used for this.
I am SO glad you liked it! I made enough this weekend to last through the week!
Kelly, I am so in love with Basmati rice. It's an Indian/Pakistanian rice. The flavor is really good and I really prefer the texture for some reason. It looks like you can buy it brown, as well, but I never have. (I shop at a rinky-dink grocery store... so I'm lucky that they even carry the white Basmati rice! ; ) You should try it, it's so yummy. : )
Post a Comment