Friday, February 19, 2010

Randomness

It seems as if life is FINALLY getting back to normal. As much as I LOVE my boys I have found over the last couple of weeks that I LOVE our everyday routine too. A routine that pretty much goes out the window when you have your husband and children home for days/weeks at a time. Now if it was summer time it wouldn't really be a big deal, but in the middle of winter it's a GIGANTIC deal. For some reason I can't seem to get anything done when everyone is home. I guess I'm not as good of a multi tasker as I had thought. I am very easily distracted and when there are four of us plus the dog here all day for days on end there seem to be a MILLION distractions. Go figure!

Anyway....I am getting things done now that our routine is restored!! I have learned over the last couple of weeks that I kinda like doing things at the same time everyday. I guess you could say it's my comfort blanket. I feel good when I know there are certain times for all of the things I need to do on a certain day. It's just plain comforting!! So in other words I have been extremely uncomfortable. Not the best feeling. Oh....and I got sick during this last storm. NOT FUN. Though even in my deepest discomfort the boys always found a way to make me smile and giggle!! I think they've got my number! I wouldn't have it any other way either :)


A pic of Jacob and I having a hat day!! There were LOTS of those!
I took the boys to see this movie last week. We went to the Alamo on Tuesday (it's baby day....kids 6 and under are free!!). I really enjoyed the movie. I think it was geared to older children though. There were a couple of scary parts. Neither of the boys seemed to notice though....Phew!! I TOTALLY recommend going on a Tuesday. I was worried that it would be super crowded, but it wasn't. It was very pleasant...plus pizza's are half price...and their pizza is GOOD!!

I am hoping to get out with some girlfriends to see Valentine's Day. It looks SO good!!

I am dying to see Shutter Island. It looks like a good one to see with the Hubby!! Hint Hint Hubby;)

1 comment:

katie k-h said...

You should read Shutter Island before you go see the movie. It is a very CRAZY, very disturbing book. I don't think I could see the movie because of the book- it upset me too much. I'm probably too sensitive, though. ; )

Enjoyed your update, Kelly!!

Katie