Don't you just LOVE the change in temperature?? It is still hot, but not sweltering. I can actually enjoy being outdoors again!!!
Johnny got a haircut earlier in the week. Doesn't he look so handsome?!! I love it when he has a nice tight haircut.....I prefer that on John as well!! Johnny has been happy to get back outside again. He just loves to be outdoors!! I can't wait for him to start playing sports!! I just know that it will be fun for all of us!!!....and if he decides he doesn't want to play sports then I'm sure we'll find something else fun for him to enjoy!!
Jacob decided that he wanted to play outside in his rain boots yesterday. That kid really is a riot. He totally beats to his own drum. It still amazes me how different him and his brother are. They are literally like night and day!!! I think it is going to get very interesting here over the next ten years! I can't wait (really I can) to see what kind of young men they grow up to be. I just hope that they are overall good, happy and healthy......and have a Strong passion for something they believe in and love. Other than girls of coarse!!! :)
On Tuesday we decided to take apart Johnny's bunk beds and turn then into two single beds. Our "ultimate" goal is to have the boys sleep in Johnny's room and to turn Jacob's room into a playroom. I, however DO NOT think Jacob is ready. He really seems to love and be perfectly content in his own room in his crib. When we told him about sleeping in a "Big Boy" bed Tuesday night he got really excited. He went into his room and got ALL of his essential bed stuff.......blankies, pillows, stuffed animals, books, a couple of cars and water. Seems cute, right??!! Well...in all of about 45 minutes I think we had to go in there at LEAST 10 times. John and I heard a constant flow of Mama....Dada...MAAAAMA......DAAAADA??? He got in and out of bed.....Johnny was yelling at him and for us. My head hurts just reliving it. Needless to say I did NOT try it again last night. Into his crib he went. Do they have courses on patience??? I think I need one!!! Maybe in 6 months or so he will be ready for the move!!! Until then...Happy Cribbing!!
4 comments:
Keep Jacob contained while you can!!!!!! I WISH Michael was still in a crib. The next baby we have will be in a crib until he/she is five or so...maybe even older. : )
Glad you guys are having a great week. This weather is just perfect for playing outside!!
Kelly,
You are too funny. I love the "big boy" bed story. Johnny looks so grown up with his hair cut, I meant to mention that today.And Jacob looks really cute in the rain boots.
I think I'm liking this "cooler" weather also. Maybe we'll even make it back outside again. Have a great weekend. See ya Saturday :)
Happy Friday!
~Jamie
I love that Jacob loves his crib that much! He will go to the "big boy bed" when he is good and ready...smile!
I am so glad it has cooled down. I just wish we could get some rain. I know you guys have gotten plenty so please share...hehehe
Have a great weekend!!!
Johnny's haircut is so handsome and grown up...he looks like a little man. I think it is awesome how different you describe them to be - it will certianly make the next ten years more exciting! It is so cute how Jacob takes his entouage to bed with him...makes me smile...thanks for sharing the sweet post & I'm sure ya'll will figure out the bed/bedroom thing as you go!
Smiles,
Amy
Post a Comment