Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This one's for you Granddaddy!

Johnny starts first grade today. CRAZY. He is SUPER excited though!! He got to meet his teacher...Mr. Comstock on Monday. He thinks it is awesome that he has a "Man" teacher!! Plus he has one of his friends from class last year and his cousin in his class. This year he gets to start going to art class and he gets to go to PE twice during the week......PE is his FAVORITE!!! I'm a little nervous about starting over with a new nurse, but I'm sure that within a couple of weeks I will love her as much as I did Mrs. Daywalt!!.....I will miss that woman :(......she was absolutely wonderful with John. I can't wait to see him at 3:45 this afternoon and hear all about his day!!
Look at his new backpack from his grandparents. It has a matching lunchbox too. He got to pick it out.....his favorite color is orange and it even has his initials!!
The kids also have their bus driver from last year...Mrs. Cheryl. I think she was just as excited to see them as they were her!!!
Here he is getting home! He's really happy that some of his friends from the neighborhood are in Elementary School with him now! It sure seems crazy that these kids were two or younger when we all moved here. Look at those little big people now!!

In other news........John had surgery last Thursday to remove a Nerve Sheath Tumor from his left arm. He has had a growth there for a couple of years, but didn't really think anything of it. Then last winter it started to cause him some discomfort. By Spring I said enough is enough and forced him to go to the doctor. After being seen and then referred on countless times by Doctors we finally ended up at a great practice at Georgetown hospital. This doctor specializes in nerve surgery's. He removed the tumor fairly easily and only had to repair one nerve. (This tumor was completely engulfed by his median nerves......the ones that control the function of his fingers.....I think I have that right) anyways.....the Dr. has high hopes that he will regain full function of all of his fingers. As of now he has lost some function in his left pointer finger and thumb. We should find out soon if it is malignant or not. The chances of that are VERY small. I will just be glad when it is all over. TOO MUCH STRESS. Poor John though. He has been a trooper through it all. I LOVE that man and have hated seeing him go through all of this :(
I had to get a picture of him in the hospital footie's. He just didn't understand why it was necessary to wear them. Men are SO funny!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Johnny looked so cute on his first day of school! I hope he had a great first day. You're right...it's crazy to think these kids were so young when we moved here. I am glad everything went well with John's surgery.