Don't you just feel like saying this to people sometimes?? Maybe I am unusual, but I feel like saying this to at least one person EVERY day. Whether it is someone I know or someone I have never seen before. You know like the time you are in a store and a mother keeps repeatedly YELLING at her kid and you just happen to keep ending up on the same isle as her and by the end of your shopping excursion you feel like ripping your hair out and telling that person to get a freaking grip. Hee Hee. I know you all have to have some similar story!! I guess the question is....Is that a "normal" feeling??
Why wouldn't it be though? Why do we as humans keep SO many of our feelings and emotions all bottled up? Why wouldn't we want to express to the people around us....the ones that we know and love anyways, how we are feeling?? It's like showing our feelings is a sigh of weakness. I truly do NOT understand this.
If I know you and we trust and understand each other, then wouldn't it be a "good" thing to tell each other how we feel?? I think so.....and yet here I am talking about how we should "all" do this and I don't do it. I keep it all bottled up and sometimes it just eats at me. That can't be healthy.
I recently read an article in a magazine that said to relieve stress you should write your feelings down on a piece of paper and then throw it away. I have been doing this for the past week or so...and it is truly amazing. MUCH MUCH cheaper than a shrink too!! I tend to just write down any words that are popping into my mind at the time. Some are good and some not so good.....but it works!! You should definitely give it a try.
Really though, the next time you are upset, mad, disappointed or just plain sad at something someone did to you or just in general upset you......try talking to them about it. If we all did this it might just make all the difference and help ease some of the rage our country/world seems to have built up.
We as people are NOT perfect....NONE of us. So lets try and give EVERYONE the benefit of the doubt. Who knows what was going on in someones life the day they made you angry. Maybe something bad happened or they just plain weren't having a good day and they just couldn't express it. We all came from the same place......we should try and remember that a little more often.
So the next time you feel like saying "you are getting on my nerves", try and build up the courage to talk to that person about it. It just might be a better experience than you ever could have imagined!
3 comments:
Uh, I could not agree with you more! It is so healing just to talk about things OR write them down like you suggested...keeping it bottled up is like polluting your body with trash...mind, body, and spirit have to work together :) Have a wonderful weekend! TGIF!!!
Smiles,
Amy
If I ever get on your nerves...tell me! I can take it. :)
Hey Kelly - Thought I'd stop on by and check out your family. And yes, people do get on my nerves every once in a while, but not like they used to, must be some kind of personal growth. Often times, the person who gets on my nerves the most is my husband. I'm sure that's the worst thing I could ever say on a mom blog, but it's the truth. We've come a long way in our relationship, but he still makes my anger meter go through the roof sometimes. It's a work in progress.
Post a Comment