Here are some updates from the last month or so. I don't even know how long I have been gone.
We had a wonderful Christmas!! We got to spend a lot of time with family. It was so awesome to have my sister and brother home. The boys get super excited to see their Aunt and Uncle as well!! I have to say though...I feel extremely overwhelmed by ALL of the new toys. It seems absurd how many toys children get nowadays. It just looks like a big mess to me....one that I unfortunately end up cleaning up. I must nip that in the bud ASAP!!
I am SO ready for winter to be OVER. PLEASE...bring on the flip flops!!!
I have been feeling as though I am surrounded by pregnant people. What is up with that??? There are a bunch in my neighborhood and family at the moment. I will just take this moment to thank the Lord that I am NOT one of them....no offense of coarse. I only have two and am at many points exhausted. How do we parents do it??
The boys are doing GREAT!! Johnny is still Loving school. HE is doing such a great job....I couldn't be prouder of him!! Jacob is getting so big. I cannot believe that my little baby is going to be 2 years old in a little over 3 months. I swear I just had him!!
We went to Church on Sunday to celebrate the Baptism of our good friends J&J's baby. They just had a son a week and a half ago. He is beautiful! I couldn't be happier for them. This was our first time taking Johnny and Jacob to church. We tried to put them both in the nursery, but Johnny would NOT have it. Jacob did great though. The ladies just loved him and said he was wonderful. I couldn't stop thinking about him throughout the service.....silly huh? Especially since he had such a great time playing and eating up the ladies affection he could have cared less where John and I were. Now I know for sure that we can start going to church EVERY Sunday and that it will all be OK!! That is a great feeling!
I feel like I have been on a spiritual journey lately. I have really been trying to focus more time on reading and studying the bible and taking the time to pray and be thankful for everything God has given me. John and other family members have been wonderful. I have so many questions and I know that not all of them can be answered but thank you for your patience. ( I promise I have not become a religious freak....I just feel like it is important and I need to spend more time on the positive rather than the negative)
I have been looking for a part time job for months now, with NO luck. I have never had this problem. You think part time job...no problem. Uh No. It is a problem.
John and I have been on a budget for a year now. We have NOT used 1 credit card in that time. Hopefully we will never have to again either. I couldn't be prouder of us as a couple. This is HUGE people. Do you even realise how hard it is to NOT use credit cards. It has been great though. No thinking about what our balance is or any of the other things that run through your mind. I am going to let you all in on a little secret....hold on tight...this is a BIG one. My weekly budget is $100. That's right folks...you heard me correct. I get $100 every Sunday. That is to buy grocery's, diapers, cleaning supplies, dog food and any other misc. items we might need. I do use the check card occasionally for any other things....mostly gifts, prescriptions and doctors appointments. So if I haven't been to some of your parties...you know the ones where you buy stuff...it's probably because I had used all of my money for that week!! Now please...Do not take my revealing all of this as a need for pity or sympathy. This had truly been a blessing in disguise. No going into debt, a nice savings account and a big sigh of relief that we are doing the right thing. Living with in our means and no more. You would be surprised at how great it feels!!
I must say this again...I am SO happy to be blogging again!!!!!...so stay tuned!!!
4 comments:
YAY!! Welcome back. I have missed catching up with you especially in the winter.
Glad your back~~
Hugs,
Melis
Kelly,
Sooo glad that you are back.You have no idea how much I missed you and the blog. I felt completely out of the loop with what was going on with The Abel Family. I must say again yeah your back.Take Care, can't wait to see everyone on Monday.Have a great week.
~Jamie
So glad your blog is back!! The little guy is wanting dinner so....can't write much!
Enjoyed your post today. = )
katie
I'm happy to be seeing Johnny and Jacob again! AND, you, Kelly!!! It's very fun to read about and see all that is going on in my beautiful niece's home! Not seeing you all very much is terrible! But, at least, I do get to see what those little cuties are looking like and what they are up to! So, enjoy your blogging! I am enjoying it too!
Post a Comment